Thursday, January 1, 2015

End of the year Reading questions

Reading Stats

Number of Books You Read:  125
Number of Re-reads: 6
Genre You Read the Most From: Urban Fantasy and Young Adult


Best In Books

  1. Best book you read in 2014?  The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison
  2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't? Legend by Marie Lu
  3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  4. Book you "pushed" the most people to read (and they did) in 2014? I don't really know I don't push people to read things usually though for 2015 it will be Kim Harrison's series since I am doing a reread with a group and my boyfriend is going to finally read it with me.
  5. Best series you started in 2014? Best sequel of 2014? Best series ender of 2014? Cinder by Marissa Meyer. It's a toss up between Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas and Cress by Marissa Meyer for me . The Witch with No Name by Kim Harrison.
  6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014? Jennifer Estep or Rick Riordan.
  7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone? I haven't ever really read a lot of science fiction so I read a couple this year and hope to read more in the future. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
  8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  9. Book you read in 2014 that you are most likely to re-read next year? Probably only The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison because of a year read a long I am doing with a group and my boyfriend. Maybe even a Witch with no Name as well.
  10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014? The Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset
  11. Most memorable character of 2014? Evalle from the Beladors series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love.
  12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014? The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2014? If I Stay by Gayle Forman
  14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2014 to finally read? Throne of Glass series by Sarah J.  Maas
  15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2014? “Asscrown," I muttered under my breath as I headed to my next class. I wasn't proud of swearing at a complete stranger, no. but he started it.

    Noah matched my pace. "Don't you mean 'assclown'?" He looked amused.

    "No," I said, louder this time. "I mean asscrown. The crown on top of the asshat that covers the asshole of the assclown. The very zenith in the hierarchy of asses," I said, as though I was reading from a dictionary of modern profanity.

    "I guess you nailed me then.” 
    ― Michelle HodkinThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
  16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2014?  Shortest: Poison (short story) by Jennifer Estep  Longest: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
  17. Book that shocked you the most? Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  18. One true Pair of the year? Cassie and Pritkin Forever!!! this is from the Cassie Palmer series by Karen Chance
  19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year? Jem and Will from Clockwork Angel
  20. Favorite book you read in 2014 from an author you've read previously? Not series related probably Innocence by Dean Koontz.
  21. Best book you read in 2014 that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure? Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer
  22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014? Wolf from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  23. Best 2014 debut you read? I think the only one I read is The Merciless by Danielle Vega
  24. Best world building/most vivid setting you read this year? Dove Arising by Karen Bao and The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
  25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read? The one that had me laughing the most is The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  26. Book that mad you cry or nearly cry in 2014? Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead or If I Stay by Gayle Forman. The movie of If I stay definitely had me in tears it just hits home to something that I have wondered myself.
  27. Hidden Gem of the year? Illusion by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  28. Book that crushed your soul? Tempt the Stars by Karen Chance only because it leaves off on a major cliff hanger and the next book was supposed to already be out but it got pushed back. I need that next book.
  29. Most unique book you read in 2014? I think Reboot by Amy Tintera fits this category nicely because it kind of combines zombies and robots together and takes on a very unique story.
  30. Book that made you the most mad? Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks only because in those books at least the first two, women are one of two things basically and can't have depth.

Your blogging/ bookish life

  1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? I have two new favorite blogs that I always keep an eye out for which is Kitty and Fari over at My little corner for books and Booknut over at 21st Century Once Upon a Times
  2. Favorite review you wrote in 2014? The Paper Masque by Jessica Dall
  3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?  My favorite post that I did is Q&A NaNoWriMo
  4. Best even that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? The best event I always participate in is Bout of Books  but I also went to an author signing for Kim Harrison and it was the best time ever!!!
  5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014? Probably meeting all the new people and getting to know other bloggers and learn from each other. There is nothing better than talking books with others that love books just as I do.
  6. Most popular post this year on your blog (whether it be by comments or views)? Waiting on Wednesday - Carnival of Lies by Melissa Marr
  7. Post you wish got a little more love? Probably some of my earlier posts from this year but I understand I just started this blog at the beginning of 2014 and didn't have that many people visiting but now it has a pretty good flow. 
  8. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? I love Goodreads and now use it like I would facebook and even more than facebook now. 
  9. Did you complete any reaching challenges or goals that you had set for your self at the beginning of this year? I did complete the goodreads challenge I set for myself I wanted to read 100 books and surpassed that. That is the only real goal I had set for myself other than complete another NaNoWriMo and win which I also did.

Looking Ahead

  1. One book you didn't get to in 2014 but will be your number one priority in 2015? The Celestial Blues Trilogy by Vicki Pettersson. I have been meaning to get to her books for a while since Kim Harrison talks highly of her.
  2. Book you are most anticipating for 2015 (non-debut)? To many series to count! Saint Odd by Dean Koontz, The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead, Firefight by Brandon Sanderson, and on and on.
  3. 2015 Debut you are most anticipating? I don't usually find out about debut novels from authors till I find them in the stores just because I have never heard of them before so I don't find them very easy. The only one I am really excited to buy when it comes out is Dove Arising by Karen Bao since I really enjoyed reading the ARC and know I will want to reread it and collect the series.
  4. Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating in 2015? Bloodlines by Richelle Mead and Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz are both ending that I am highly anticipating. There are probably others but those two are high on my list. 
  5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2015? I have many things I hope to accomplish, I want to post more things on my blog not just reviews though I do want to do about two or three reviews a month. I also want to read 125 books in 2015 as well as finish and catch up on some series that I have had sitting on my shelves as well  as start some series. I want to continue making more friends through my blog and on goodreads, people who share my love for books. I hope to possibly finish two novels in 2015 as well as win NaNoWriMo again. I have a busy year to come.
  6. A 2015 release you have already read and recommended to everyone? Dove Arising by Karen Bao

Do you have any plans for 2015? What were some of your favorite reads this year?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes I did and the next two years are going to be just as busy or even more so with moving and other things

      Delete