Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Ecstasy Claimed (Book #2) by Setta Jay

Genre: Paranormal Romance, Erotica
Published: March 23, 2014
Publisher: Createspace
Pages: 296

Source: Netgalley
Synopsis:
Gregoire has spent centuries with his brother Guardians fighting for the safety and security of the Realms. Endless decades of battling mixed with bouts of mindless sex to sate his needs. Needs that haven’t truly been fulfilled since she was born. The one destined to be his bonded mate. For the last twenty five years Gregoire has kept his distance giving her time to grow into a female who is capable of handling his intense dominance.

Alyssa has done everything that was expected of her, until the day she finds out she has a mate who has left her unclaimed. Unheard of when mates are rare and coveted. Even worse is the fact that he is the most powerful of her race and a Guardian of the Realms. Furious at the rejection she decides she is now in charge of her life. No more will she allow others to rule her.

Against the backdrop of evil forces that are conspiring to topple the Realms, can Gregoire find his wayward mate before she is taken by corrupt Immortals? Can Alyssa forgive him and learn to exert her own female power while surrendering to his savage passion? And will the two of them be able to forge a mate bond that cannot be severed... or will they be forever cursed with an Ecstasy Unclaimed?

Warning: Dirty talking, possessive alpha male; scenes of sexual exhibition; an instance of f/f; spankings and more.

My Rating:
★★
Review:
I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review, all reviews and opinions are my own.

I also have a review of the first book here.

Very hot, steamy hot. Again for this one there is a warning and you should head that warning if you are not ready for the fire. I didn't like Gregoire or Alyssa as much as the other two characters from the first book but they had their moments. Gregoire is very jealous of anyone that has Alyssa's attention or is touching her which can be bad but in a sweet way I guess. I guess we all have are quirks, and Alyssa was awesome at first wanting her independence and wanting to make choices on her own. She did do well with that making demands of Gregoire but of course he can only be swayed so much.  I still think he should have done a bit more groveling and what not but that is just my opinion.

Other than the steamy part of the book we continue on with another relationship that we saw in the first book, which is Sam and Eric. I liked this couple a whole lot more and really kind of saved it for me. Eric was so sweet and caring towards Sam since she went through something horrific in the first book and even though he was going through the mating frenzy he still had a collar on his emotions to not hurt the one person that was his mate. Now that is love. Though I feel some of the issues were swept away by her trying to get over it to be able to mate I am wondering if we will see more of this in later books possibly I mean abuse like that does not just go away.

We are also given a bit of a preview of who the next couple is going to be for book three and I myself am excited to know what is going to happen. Now here is a guy that definitely doesn't want a mate let alone any woman that close to him. Dorian has some secrets and I must know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment