Saturday, April 4, 2015

March Wrap - Up

Marked by Elisabeth Naughton
Rating -★★★
This is the first book in the Eternal Guardians series. This was surprisingly good and now I can't wait to continue on with the others. I liked Casey and am now wondering how her and her sister will play into the future books. I have the third book to this series so I just have to get the second one before I can continue on.




Reaper Madness by Nessie Strange
Rating - ★★★
This is the second book in the Living Dead World series. In this one Jen is finally a reaper and we get to see her deal with the dead world. Definitely a book that had me on the emotional roller coaster. I am still confused on which team I should be.  I have a longer review here: Review






First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Rating - ★★★
This is the first book in the Charley Davidson series. I loved loved loved this one. I can't wait to continue on and read more of this series. She is all sass and full of sarcastic remarks which I can really relate to. Also kinda had me laughing at the part when she is described as being bright and shiny. I was wondering if sparkly vampires were going to make there way into this book but I think this was done really well.



Marked by Sarah Fine
Rating - ★★★★☆
This is the first book in the Servants of Fate Trilogy. Very good start to the series I wish the world building would have been a bit better but overall pretty good. I have a longer review here: Review 





Dark Prince by Christine Feehan
Rating - ★★
This is the first book in the Dark series. I have read this book before when it first came out and I have read I believe up through half way of book 3. I just never got into this series and at the time I couldn't remember why. Now rereading this book I am afraid that I remember why and that the men in the books were to pig headed for my liking. I will keep trying but I have a bad feeling about it. Hopefully as I keep reading they get better. Also the phrase little one, got on my nerves I swear it was used 50 million times!


Gates of thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee
Rating - ★★★
This is the first book in the Gates of Thread and Stone series. I am glad I got to read this, I have been wanting to pick this one up for some time. I was intrigued by this book simply because of the cover, then I read the summary and needed to find out more. I have a longer review here: Review



Web of Death by Jennifer Estep (short story)
Rating - 
This is a short story set in between books one and two. This is book 1.5 in the Elemental Assassin series. This is about when she is moving into Fletchers house which is now hers since she received it upon his death. But of course something happens and she must go investigate and become the spider once more. 



The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King
Rating - ★★★★☆
This is the second book in The Dark Tower series. This one was a lot better than the first one. I actually enjoyed reading it and it gives me hope for the rest of the series. The gunslinger is faced with three doors on this never ending beach or island or so it seams and he must help them to gain allies on his quest. This book really states how one life can touch so many others.



Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Rating - 
This is the second book in The Wolves of Mercy Falls. This one is a bit slow but the ending kind of made up for that and left enough of a cliff hanger for me that I still want to continue on. I liked the different view points each chapter that also kept the story alive for me, I am liking Isabelle and Cole chapters more and more.



The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Rating - ★★★
This is the first book in The Bone Season series. This was so so so so good! I can not wait to read the second book and then I am going to wallow in sadness waiting for the others to come out. I still don't know exactly what the symbol on the cover means but I am hoping it has something to do with the seven dials. It was hard to get into at first only because I had to keep flipping between four different pages but once I got through that it was good.

Wasted by Jennifer Estep (short story)
Rating - ★★★★☆
This is a short story set in between books two and three. This is book 2.7 in the Elemental Assassin series.  This is told from Finn's point of view and very good. I didn't think I would like hearing from his point of view because of how he likes any girl near him but it wasn't to bad. You also get to see how Finn was trained by his dad with his favorite weapons.


Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep
Rating - ★★★★☆
This is book four in the Elemental Assassin series. Okay so the spider is tired of the fire elemental and has decided to go after her and take down her empire but oh wait Mab the fire elemental is tired of the spider as well so what happens. Mab hires and assassin to kill the assassin. Trouble ensues. I think Gin grows in this book a lot emotionally she is learning to lean on her friends and family and learning to open up a bit to show them the real her. 



Okay those are all the books I read for the month of March. Don't expect the list to be this long for next month I got lots going on with writing (hopefully) and getting read for my move. From the middle of April till probably the first or second week of May I will be busy in Oklahoma so if my blog only gets a couple of posts because of that I am sorry ahead of time. I know I have probably about three or four reviews for this month and hopefully I can type them up and do them justice. 

Camp NaNoWriMo has begun! And of course I am participating, I only have a goal of about 10,000 words which is the smallest amount you can do but I think I can handle that with everything else I need to do. I am going to revise my original novel and hopefully get it all finished with and done to how I like it. I have the ending that needs a major edit which is going to add a bunch of words and if I have enough time I might also rework a middle part that is not making me happy.

This is the month of sleep deprivation and long car rides! But  I will do it and be stronger because of it and happier to not be in Iowa any longer. Things will change and change will be good to get me back in the fighting spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment