Saturday, December 6, 2014

November Wrap Up

I had a busy month for November since I was writing for NaNoWriMo. I would first of like to say that I did indeed win NaNoWriMo and I did write a little more than 50k words.
I still have a long way to go 50,000 words only got me through like a little over half my novel. So I will be working on it and hopefully have it done by April so that for Camp NaNoWriMo I can work on revising this monster. I also am getting the winners t-shirt for this year since there is a dragon on it and I love dragons! Thought I would reward myself for writing a novel that was outside my comfort zone. So with out further ado I will get into the three books I did finish for the month of November.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Rating - ★★★★☆
This book I think everyone needs to read. Especially if they are a young adult that is going through problems in life that maybe they can't speak to anyone about. I remember feeling somethings that Melinda the main character felt. I didn't go through the same thing as her exactly but I had a lot of the same symptoms and feelings that she did because of what I went through. This book would help I think, help you not feel so alone even when you feel like you are and even if you have no one you think you can talk to.

Eve - The Soul Reaper by Leonard Clifton
Rating - ★☆☆☆☆ 
I have a longer review of this book here on my blog, so I wont say to much on this here. Other than it had a great plot it just wasn't executed the best.



Splintered by A.G. Howard
Rating - ★★★★☆
This is the first book in the Splintered series and I read this for a buddy read with Melissa and Brittain. I enjoyed this book a lot and loved the creep factor that the author brought to this Alice in Wonderland retelling. Also if you pick up this series you do not have to have read the original Alice in Wonderland in order to Understand it. I have only watched the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland and pretty much understood what was going on.


Over all I think I had a very productive month and this month I have a long list of books to try to get through before the end of the year. I am taking a break on writing but hope to start writing again little bit by little bit in January and of course I will have a lot of reading challenges to go through this next year 2015 I will post what I plan to do next year in a later post once it is a bit closer to the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment