Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Review: Soulless (Book #1) by Jacinta Maree

Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopia
Published: October 1, 2015
Publisher: Inked Rabbit Publishing
Pages: 391

Source: YA Bound Book Tours
Synopsis:
Welcome to Soulless.
We are the generation that laughs at death.

Reincarnation; what was once considered a gift of immortality has become an eternity of nightmares.

Nadia Richards lives in a world plagued by reincarnation, a system of recycling souls where all past memories, personalities and traumatic events are relived daily in disjointed sequences. Trapped within their own warped realities, not even the richest and most powerful are saved from their own minds unraveling. Madness is the new human nature, and civilizations are crumpling beneath themselves trying to outrun it. 

Within a society that ignores death, Nadia appears to be the one exception to the reincarnation trap. Born without any reincarnated memories and with printless eyes, the hot tempered 19 year old quickly becomes the ultimate prize to all those wishing to end the vicious cycle, or for some, to ensure they could evade death forever.


Readers discretion: Adult language, violence and some adult scenes. For mature audiences only.


My Rating:
★★★★

Review:
I received this book from YA Bound Book Tours for an honest review, all reviews and opinions are my own.

Nadia, I really liked her she was distant yet wanted to be close to other people. She was born with not knowing really who to trust and who not to trust because she didn't live any lives previous to this one. I really think Nadia's mother was a real jerk the father was as well but the mother took the cake and didn't want to claim her as any child that came from her because she was different.

Diesel he was a very confusing character at first I didn't even know how old he was because it described him as looking old in Alpha prison. Then when most of the book is finished I find out he is around 25 or so I read the whole book to find out he was 25. Hehe just kidding the book was so good I had a hard time prying myself away from it. Diesel was that character that gave the book an extra push towards greatness, I don't think Nadia could have made it with out him but neither could he have made it on is own.

Frankie and Vance these two were confusing for me I think they wanted to make a friend but they didn't know how to exactly. In a world where you literally can have enemies forever it is hard to keep friends or even loved ones close. These two though have been in each others lives continuously, and I think that is one of the reasons I liked them regardless of how they treated Nadia and Diesel. I hope these continuously find each other no matter what. A true meaning of soul mates were what these two had I think.

I really liked the plot and how living so many lives can effect a person and start making them crazy I mean some people go crazy with only the lives they are given right now. Imagine having many lives in one body to contend with. Also I really liked how it seemed to push people apart and no one knows friendship or trust anymore because of it, I think that is sometimes how people are going now, where we are so disconnected with each other because of technology.

I can not wait for the second one and am glad I have the chance to read the next one so you will be seeing another blog post up real soon, and will probably have even more to go on about. Also look at that cover! It is amazing is it not.

No comments:

Post a Comment